Sciton BBL Laser
Beautiful skin from head to toe with Broadband Light (BBL) HERO treatments – in as little as 2 minutes!
BBL is an abbreviation for Broadband Light phototherapy; HERO an acronym for High Energy Rapid Output. BBL HERO is an intense pulsed light (IPL) treatment, and currently the world’s most powerful IPL device on the market.
At The Clinic Holland Park, we are pleased to offer BBL HERO – the latest advancement in world-renowned BBL therapy, performing better than ever before. BBL HERO output is 4 times the speed, 3 times the peak power, and twice as cooling as earlier BBL models, making it quicker than ever to treat large areas with lasting, results-driven outcomes. BBL HERO treatments are the fastest way to get rid of the visible signs of ageing on your face and body: neck, chest, hands, shoulders, arms, legs and more. This is a comfortable, low-to-no downtime ‘lunchtime’ procedure that can deal with all your red or brown pigmentary problems: age spots, redness, rosacea, or dull-looking skin, for example. BBL HERO treatments can improve the vitality of your skin anywhere on your body; and because BBL HERO is a multi-module platform, your aesthetician can treat multiple skin disorders with a single device, in a single treatment. So BBL HERO not only produces results superior to other IPL systems, but requires fewer treatments too.
With its broad range of wavelengths, BBL HERO can treat all of the following, non-invasively:
- Acne (destroys acne-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation and redness, using a combination of blue, yellow and infrared light that can address acne on almost any part of the body – face, neck and back being the most common treatment areas. Effective for adults and teenagers)
- dyschromia (a change in colour of the skin caused by a loss or increase in pigmentation – affected skin looks patchy and either red or purple)
- erythema (redness of skin caused by injury or another inflammation, often presenting as a rash. Caused by injured or inflamed blood capillaries)
- irregular pigmentation
- melasma (pigmentation characterised by brown or blue-grey patches or freckle-like spots – the so-called ‘mask of pregnancy’ that causes patches of discolouration that are darker than your usual skin colour)
- pigmented skin lesions (lesions that are either brown, black or blue-grey in colour, and mostly caused by sun damage): some birthmarks, age spots/liver spots, moles and ephelides (freckles), dyschromia
- rough skin texture
- solar lentigines (a solar lentigo is more commonly known as an age spot or liver spot. Unlike freckles, solar lentigines tend to form after the age of 30 and are sun-induced lesions, typically appearing on areas exposed to natural light)
- vascular skin lesions (caused by ruptured blood vessels): telangiectasia, some birthmarks, port-wine stains, rosacea, cherry angiomas, spider veins, broken capillaries, dilated or broken blood vessels, visibly red capillaries located near the surface of the skin, facial bruising.
BBL HERO treatments are no-downtime, comfortable procedures, and can provide both targeted treatments and ongoing skin maintenance.
BBL HERO is suitable for Fitzpatrick skin types I-V. Please note that BBL HERO cannot be used on Fitzpatrick skin type VI, nor on suntanned type V. Your skin type will be assessed before any BBL HERO to determine the wavelength settings necessary for your treatment.
BBL HERO uses the latest IPL technology to target pigment (brown or red) within the skin. It is a non-invasive treatment that delivers BBL to the epidermis and dermis, stimulating change in skin tone, texture, elasticity and pigmentation. Your clinician will use BBL’s CoolComfort handpiece (which provides contact cooling to protect the epidermis), and will work quickly while BBL is emitted in flashes across the treatment area. You will wear safety goggles throughout this treatment.
Initially, pigment in your skin is darkened, which is the preferable result clinically, and helps you know that you have had an optimal treatment. Then, over time, your body’s natural healing process will remove the pigmented cells and replace them with new cells. Your brown spots and red patches will be replaced by fresh, undamaged skin. Visible, long-lasting improvements in sun damage and wrinkles can be discerned after just 1 treatment, and all with zero patient downtime.