|Full face and neck, 2 treatments||£3100|
|One area, 2 treatments||£2400|
|Single and top up treatment, full face and neck||£1200|
|Single and top up treatment, 1 area||£900|
- WHAT IS MORPHEUS8?
- HOW DOES IT WORK?
- WHAT ARE THE BENEFITS OF MORPHEUS8?
- HOW LONG DOES THE PROCEDURE TAKE?
- ARE THERE ANY RISKS WITH THE PROCEDURE?
- DOES IT HURT?
- HOW MANY SESSIONS WILL I NEED?
- WHAT IS THE RECOVERY TIME? IS THERE AFTERCARE?
Morpheus8 is two treatments in one: a skin-tightening radio frequency (RF) and microneedling treatment to transform your skin; resurfacing, tightening and contouring, providing you with a more youthful appearance. The treatment carries on working after the procedure, stimulating the production of new collagen, elastin and hyaluronic acid in the skin, which results in firmer, lifted, smooth and hydrated skin. Morpheus8 can be used on the face, neck and body.
Morpheus8 combines two of the most effective anti-ageing clinical treatments: RF and microneedling. With Morpheus8, microneedling stimulates a natural healing response of new collagen and elastin fibres to tighten and smooth the skin; while RF heat energy is simultaneously delivered deep into the dermis, to enhance skin-tightening.
Before any treatment with Morpheus8, a local anaesthetic cream is applied to the area to be treated to numb it. Then, during the procedure, sterile micro needles repeatedly puncture the skin, while pulses of RF heat energy are delivered into the skin through the needles. This process prompts tissue remodelling in the treated areas, but without the formation of any scar tissue. The depths of needles are adjustable, depending on the area and what is being treated: 4mm pins are used for under the chin and up to 7mm on the body; smaller needles are used on the cheeks and around the eyes. Different layers of the skin are targeted for different treatments: for resurfacing, Morpheus8 works in the epidermis (outer layer of skin); for skin tightening, the dermis (deeper layer of skin); and for contouring, the subdermal tissue (deepest skin layer). Together, microneedling creates micro-trauma in the skin to stimulate the healing response with the production of collagen and elastin; while RF uses heat energy to shrink-wrap and tighten the skin.
Morpheus8 is a stronger and quicker treatment than undergoing RF and microneedling procedures separately.
Morpheus8 has been shown to improve:
- skin texture – fresher, clearer, skin that feels plumper, tighter and more youthful, with tighter pores too
- fine lines softened, jawline tightened and wrinkles smoothed
- the browbone – particularly effective on hooded eyes
- neck rejuvenation: treatment of so-called ‘tech-neck’ – the appearance of deepening of lines, creases and sagging. Morpheus8 treats the full thickness of the skin and underlying fat of the neck to achieve excellent lifting and firming results. Moreover, because Morpheus8 stimulates natural collagen production, elastin and hydration, without adding any weight or volume to the neck, it works better than botulinum toxin or fillers in this area
- scars – including acne scarring, active acne and pitted scars
- stretchmarks and cellulite
- abdomen, knees and thighs.
In addition, Morpheus8 has been clinically proven to be effective for women and men with skin types ranging from light to very dark (Fitzpatrick types I-VI). Results are long-lasting and continue to improve months after treatment, as new collagen and elastin develop.
A full-face treatment takes around 20 mins; abdomen about 30 mins. However, the longest part of the procedure is waiting for the local anaesthetic cream to take effect (approx. 40 minutes). Overall, your appointment will last 60-90 minutes.
Morpheus8 is safe: using single-use, sterile needle cartridges. There are few risks overall, if you follow the advice of your aesthetician. If you do not follow post-procedure advice – regarding the use of topical skincare and limiting sun exposure and exercise within the advised downtime – then complications might occur, such as an infection. Therefore, please follow all your aesthetician’s advice and guidance.
Morpheus8 should not be used on patients who have any of the following:
- active skin cancer in the treatment area(s)
- open wounds, sores, or irritated skin in the treatment area(s)
- rosacea or broken blood vessels or broken capillaries in the treatment area(s)
- an allergy to stainless steel or anaesthetics
- a haemorrhagic (bleeding) disorder or haemostatic (bleeding) dysfunction;
or who are:
- pregnant or breastfeeding
- currently taking drugs with the ingredient isotretinoin (such as Accutane).
With the use of topical anaesthetic cream prior to treatment, most patients report feeling mild discomfort during the procedure; especially on the forehead and other bony areas. Surprisingly, the eye area is not as bad.
1 to 3 treatments are recommended, though results are often seen after 1 treatment. Based on your individual goals, your aesthetician may recommend a course of procedures. Maintenance might require multiple treatments.
You will have a red, shiny face for a couple of days afterwards, with a sunburnt, ‘tight face’ feeling, but this tightness will soon pass. The most common responses include dryness, rough skin, tightness, redness, itching, peeling, discomfort, tenderness, and burning; but all these should resolve without any further complications, and usually within 24-48 hours. There is a potential for slight bruising that will fade within a week.
However, aftercare is extremely important immediately following a Morpheus8 treatment. Do not go out in the sun. Straight after a treatment and for the rest of the day, you cannot put on any skincare (including SPF), and can only cleanse with water. The following day, you can only apply a physical sunscreen (SPF 30+), no other skincare. Avoid wearing makeup for at least 24 hours. For at least 48 hours after treatment, be careful to avoid using skincare with the following active ingredients: retinol (vitamin A and derivatives); high-strength vitamin C, and AHA acids or any exfoliating acids.