Sciton BBL Laser
Beautiful skin from head to toe with BBL® HERO™️ Treatments – in as little as 2 minutes!
BBL® is an abbreviation for Broadband Light phototherapy; HERO™️ an acronym for High Energy Rapid Output. BBL® HERO™️ is an intense pulsed light (IPL) laser treatment, and currently the world’s most powerful IPL laser device on the market.
At The Clinic Holland Park, West London, we are pleased to offer BBL® HERO™️ – the latest advancement in world-renowned BBL® therapy, performing better than ever before. BBL® HERO™️ output is 4 times the speed, 3 times the peak power, and twice as cooling as earlier BBL® models, making it quicker than ever to treat large areas with lasting, results-driven outcomes. BBL® HERO™️ treatments are the fastest way to get rid of the visible signs of ageing on your face and body: neck, chest, hands, shoulders, arms, legs and more.
This is a comfortable, low-to-no downtime ‘lunchtime’ procedure that can deal with all your red or brown pigmentary problems on your face and body: age spots, redness, rosacea, or dull-looking skin, for example. BBL® HERO™️ treatments can improve the vitality of your skin anywhere on your body; and because BBL® HERO™️ is a multi-module platform, your aesthetician can treat multiple skin disorders with a single device, in a single treatment. So BBL® HERO™️ not only produces results superior to other IPL laser systems, but requires fewer treatments too.
With its broad range of wavelengths, BBL® HERO™️ can treat all of the following, non-invasively:
- Acne (destroys acne-causing bacteria and reduces inflammation and redness, using a combination of blue, yellow and infrared light that can address acne on almost any part of the body – face, neck and back being the most common treatment areas. Effective for adults and teenagers)
- dyschromia (a change in colour of the skin caused by a loss or increase in pigmentation – affected skin looks patchy and either red or purple)
- erythema (redness of skin caused by injury or another inflammation, often presenting as a rash. Caused by injured or inflamed blood capillaries)
- irregular pigmentation
- pigmented skin lesions (lesions that are either brown, black or blue-grey in colour, and mostly caused by sun damage): some birthmarks, age spots/liver spots, moles and ephelides (freckles), dyschromia
- rough skin texture
- solar lentigines (a solar lentigo is more commonly known as an age spot or liver spot. Unlike freckles, solar lentigines tend to form after the age of 30 and are sun-induced lesions, typically appearing on areas exposed to natural light)
- vascular skin lesions (caused by ruptured blood vessels): telangiectasia, some birthmarks, port-wine stains, rosacea, cherry angiomas, spider veins, broken capillaries, dilated or broken blood vessels, visibly red capillaries located near the surface of the skin, facial bruising.
BBL® HERO™️ treatments are no-downtime, comfortable procedures, and can provide both targeted treatments and ongoing skin maintenance.
BBL® HERO™️ is suitable for Fitzpatrick skin types I-V. Please note that BBL® HERO™️ cannot be used on Fitzpatrick skin type VI, nor on suntanned type V. Your skin type will be assessed before any BBL® HERO™️ to determine the wavelength settings necessary for your treatment.
BBL® HERO™️ uses the latest IPL technology to target pigment (brown or red) within the skin. It is a non-invasive treatment that delivers BBL® to the epidermis and dermis, stimulating change in skin tone, texture, elasticity and pigmentation. Your clinician will use BBL®s CoolComfort handpiece (which provides contact cooling to protect the epidermis), and will work quickly while BBL® is emitted in flashes across the treatment area. You will wear safety goggles throughout this treatment.
Initially, pigment in your skin is darkened, which is the preferable result clinically, and helps you know that you have had an optimal treatment. Then, over time, your body’s natural healing process will remove the pigmented cells and replace them with new cells. Your brown spots and red patches will be replaced by fresh, undamaged skin. Visible, long-lasting improvements in sun damage and wrinkles can be discerned after just 1 treatment, and all with zero patient downtime.
Each flash of BBL® HERO™️ light produces a feeling of warmth. Most patients easily tolerate this feeling, without the need for anaesthetic numbing cream. You will be advised on your treatment options.
This can vary, depending on the individual, on the area being treated, and on the settings used. However, most patients see results in 2-4 weeks.
After BBL® HERO™️ Treatment, it is important that you: use a physical-barrier sunscreen of 30 SPF+ (with active ingredients zinc oxide and/or titanium dioxide); limit your sun exposure; and wear cover-up clothing (to shield the treated areas on your body from direct sun). Your clinician will advise on any post treatment regime you should follow.
You will see results from a single BBL® HERO™️ Treatment; however, the number of treatments will depend on the severity of your pigmentation. A typical patient requires 2 treatments.
Yes. Our prêt-à-porter packages are BBL® for the face, neck, chest and hands. Bespoke treatments (to include, say, lower legs or forearms) can be discussed with your clinician at your consultation.
Add small body area (eg. hands)
Add medium body area (eg. decolletage)
Add large body area (eg. back, arms)
If having multiple body areas treated then a package price will be discussed at your appointment. If having only body areas treated without face there is a 50% surcharge to the add on prices above.